Final paper instructions
How to write your final paper?
When sending your final paper please mention your paper ref in the subjet : MATPOST 2019 - Final paper ref xx
(see the programme for your paper reference)
1/ WRITING THE PAPER
Use MATPOST 2019 word template is mandatory and only final paper following the instructions provided below will be considered.
Language: English or French
Paper template: Do not change font or font-size or leading (line spacing). Keep the size of the page to A4 (21 cm x 29.70 cm)
Paper title: KEEP SAME TITLE AS GIVEN IN YOUR ABSTRACT.
Author’s identification: include affiliations of all authors, and full address including e-mail of the corresponding author.
Length: Maximum 4 pages (including figures) . DO NOT number your pages.
Download the final paper template
2/ CONVERT YOUR PAPER IN PDF FORMAT
Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision
3/ YOUR PAPER IN THE PROGRAMME
See the day and time scheduled for your presentation.
Oral presentation guidelines
Each accepted paper has been allocated 10 minutes for presentation. This time must not be exceeded. The questions will be asked at the end of each session.
To make the most of the presentation time, you might find the following guidelines helpful:
- Speak clearly
- Summarise your written paper and present any updated material and results, concentrating on the basic concepts and conclusions, not on details.
- Please note that questions may be taken following your presentation. This should be taken into account when preparing your presentation.
It is imperative that you do not exceed your time allocation
For MATPOST 2019 we will only permit the use of PowerPoint and .pdf presentations.
Useful Presentation Tips
DO NOT PUT TOO MUCH INFORMATION ON YOUR SLIDE:
- A maximum of six or seven lines including the title (not more than 20 words).
- Avoid abbreviations, mathematics and tables of results (graphs or histograms are much better).
- Keep diagrams as simple as possible
- Company logos, if used, should be of a modest size
- NEVER USE - computer printouts, photocopied pages of books or hand-drawn transparencies